The NMC (New Media Consortium), an international community of experts in educational technology, published a report on the latest trends in higher education based on research that has been conducted in more than 250 universities, colleges, and businesses around the globe. Youth Time has chosen from the report the six most important trends.
A new Oxfam report published today warns the combined wealth of 1% of the world’s population to overtake that of the rest 99% by 2016 with the gap between the rick and the poor to be getting deeper.
«I came here to tell you a story about what happens when some people coordinate and love deeply what they do, even in times that not everything is rosy, they can achieve something. I would like to end my talk with a favorite quote from Kazantzakis “It is my duty, and mine alone to save the earth if it is not saved, then I alone am to blame.»
One in every five young Brazilians neither study nor work, its almost 10 million youth aged between 15 and 29 years, according to the study Summary of Social Indicators, conducted in 2014 by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE). This number equals almost the entire population of Portugal or three times the population of Uruguay.
The editors and staff at Youth Time have made a selection of our favourite fictional teachers from famous movies for you, our readers. Some of them are anything but inspiring role models. While admiring some characters, you should always keep in mind that the fictional teachers are the creations of professional screenwriters. And they don’t always serve educational purposes.
For many years, higher education institutions have been considered the main societal destination for people seeking knowledge and degrees that will help them find jobs. Colleges and universities all around the world are enduring a crisis of faith among the public.
Interview with elements of analysis of modern educational system told by an ordinary Czech fellow. Jakub Studeny is also known under the stage name IronKap. He is a young teacher of computer science and economics and a rapper in the one skin. Back in the day he had worked in the economic department of a large pharmaceutical company in Prague, but he didn’t enjoy that job at all. A successful musician decided to become a teacher and devote part of his life to profession, which, as you know, is something more than just an ordinary job. Basically, we asked Kuba (short for Jakub) about whether anything changes in his looks when IronKap appears as a teacher or if the teaching career influences his popularity in music.
Jean-Claude Juncker, the new president of the European Commission launched an attack against the British prime minister of ‘beating up’ poorer migrants who are legally seeking to earn a living in the UK.
Is it possible to achieve a professional level in any craft without acquiring the classical education in its traditional understanding? It’s not about the extraordinarily gifted and talented individuals. It’s about the system. Let’s take the technical professions out of consideration and turn our attention instead to artists. What does it take for an actor to become a professional? Natural talent? An acting school? A wise mentor? How to become a top notch filmmaker? By attending a film school? With the help of family or community?