ASEFSU22 will be conducted under the theme "Sustainable Tourism: Youth Driving Green Growth" and it consists of a mix of practical team exercises, thought-provoking lectures, group research and experiential learning. As a participant you will be given the opportunity to learn and share your knowledge on sustainable tourism and green economies through a local “Innovathon” and Challenge Hub.
ASEFSU22 will focus on the 3 Dimensions of Sustainable Development:
- Economic, including Sustainable Transport, Youth Employment, and Sustainable Consumption & Production
- Social, including Cultural Heritage, Inclusion, and Interactions with Locals
- Environmental, including Water & Waste Management, Renewable Energy, and Technology
Consisting of members from diverse backgrounds and experiences, the ASEFSU22 Challenge Teams will tackle real obstacles to sustainable tourism in a practical and engaging way. These challenges have been identified in cooperation with local Challenge Partners and the proposed solutions you and your team mates will present will be put to test and made available for the benefit of all ASEM societies.
The event consists of 3 phases:
Online Preparatory phase (4 weeks)
In this phase, you will actively take part in an online preparatory phase to familiarise with the topics of the project. As part of it you will attend online webinars on topics ranging from Tourism & the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to International Relations & ASEM, and you will work on individual as well as group assignments.
"Interdisciplinary Innovathon" in Croatia & Slovenia (2 weeks)
The 1-week programme in Slovenia offers you trainings, workshops, lectures and study visits to develop your understanding of the themes covered by the project. In Croatia you will go from theory to practice as you are given the opportunity to co-develop and test solutions to environmental, tourism and youth employment challenges faced by local authorities, businesses and civil society organisations in the region.
Online Post-project Phase and Spin-off activities (4 weeks)
All prototypes developed on site – analogue and digital – will be analysed and tested after the project by relevant stakeholders and communities engaged. In addition, the project’s best-performing participants will be invited to present the outcomes at high-level ASEM Ministerial Meetings and other events.
No registration or participation fee. The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidy, accommodation and meals.
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries between the ages of 18–30;
- Action-oriented and creative doers ranging from students and academics, to young professionals and entrepreneurs from all societal sectors;
- Individuals with strong command of English (written and verbal).